Why Medtronic Is the Right Choice
More than one company makes spinal cord stimulation systems. As you and your doctor choose the system that’s right for you, it is important that you research these companies and learn about their history with the therapy.
Important facts to know:
- Neurostimulation therapy was developed by Medtronic and was first approved in 1984
- Only Medtronic has exclusive FDA approval for MRI head scans* with its spinal cord stimulation system. Approximately 24% of MRI scans are head scans1
- Medtronic has transformed the lives of hundreds of thousands of people with chronic pain using spinal cord stimulation
- Medtronic is a worldwide leader in medical technology and the largest medical device company in the world
- Only Medtronic offers AdaptiveStim®, that automatically adjusts stimulation when you change your position from upright (sitting or standing), lying down, or upright and active
- Medtronic offers the most therapeutic options available to meet your specific pain relief needs – including both a rechargeable and non-rechargeable neurostimulation system
- Medtronic offers the widest education network for your neurostimulation system and has a presence in 120 countries worldwide
- Medtronic spinal cord stimulators can be implanted along with a pacemaker or ICD
* Excludes Itrel® 3
Next: About Drug Delivery Therapy
- IMV MRI market benchmark report 2007.
Last updated: 14 Mar 2013